The Syracuse University library is a center of discovery—entrepreneurial, knowledge driven, and timeless. Its collections and services enable learning, scholarship, and knowledge creation. Its website is a crucial tool in that process.
The library provides the latest academic news and research tools and delivers quickly and conveniently the information students need for academic work.
- Click here to access the library’s Resources for Project Advance for students and teachers.
- Click here to learn about how to use an SU ID number with the SU library.
When a SUPA student becomes an officially registered part-time, non-matriculated student in the Project Advance section of his or her Syracuse University course(s), he or she is given an SU ID number. An SU ID number should never be shared with anyone. It is for academic purposes only and allows a student to access the SU libraries online.
With an SU ID number, students can browse and research the library’s 25,000 subscription online journals, databases, and e-books and read and download articles, books, and other sources from any computer, regardless of location on or off campus.
Services for students of undergraduate courses include:
- Research help: ask a librarian, subject guides, online databases, citation support, etc.
- Borrowing: books and other materials, interlibrary loan, laptops, course reserves
- Cool spaces: exhibitions, Pages (the library cafe), learning commons, study spaces
- Technology: wireless, remote access, copying/scanning/printing